12 mo. - 3 yr old
8:20-11:30 M-F (before and after school optional) Adult to student ratio 1:4
THE TODDLER HAS A STRONG INTERNAL DRIVE TO BE INDEPENDENT.
If given the necessary materials and encouragement the toddler can and will master many tasks. Under the gentle direction of a trained Montessori guide these children will be involved in classroom work which helps to develop emotional, physical and social skills. The curriculum is designed to improve focus, movement, control and concentration, building confidence and competence. Activities include food preparation, object cards, play with three-dimensional objects, sorting, and music. This environment is an excellent preparation for the primary classrooms, serving 3 - 6 year old children.
- The goal is for independence - creating confidence that will continue throughout the child's life.
- A Montessori trained guide provides lessons to the children.
- Furniture and materials are toddler sized.
- The toddler room is a community of learners. The children learn from each other every day.
- Areas of the classroom include practical life, aids to independence, language, sensorial, grace and courtesy, self-expression, music, nature, and toileting.